Sunday, July 21, 2013

Action Research

This week, one of the main concepts that I learned about was action research. So far I have learned that action research differs from traditional educational research methods in that it is led by the principal or educator that is looking for improvement. Instead of learning about research and findings made by someone else, action research allows an educational leader the opportunity to lead their own research and discovery. The educational leader decides what they will inquire about. This allows them the opportunity for self-reflection while at the same time, being able to conduct research on issues they are facing at their campus. Every leader will have their own unique challenges at their campus. Assuming that research done by someone at the university level will address everyone’s situation is unrealistic. This is where action research becomes the best option because it allows for educational leaders to address issues that may be unique to their situation. I see myself utilizing action research to address a variety of unique issues that my campus may face. Action research provides education leaders with the flexibility to research a large range of issues. I plan on using this to answers questions I might have about all of our student populations. By doing the inquiry and research, I will grow professionally while simultaneously working towards improving the campus as a whole. 


4 comments:

  1. Adrian, great blog! It looks like you have hit the ground running. I look forward to following you and learning from your research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you included a visual model. I love that you included how action research can not only improve the classroom, but the school campus as a whole. I am excited to see what your plan will include. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the visual model! It grabbed my attention as soon as I clicked onto your blog. Looks/sounds like you completely understand action research!! Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pleased to learn that action research is different from traditional research. I felt dread when I read "research."

    ReplyDelete